Comprehensive health assessment of the older person
The number of people over 65 years receiving health care across the sector is growing. Nurses working with older people understand that their health is often complicated by comorbidities and there is a need for comprehensive health assessment to identify care needs and actual and potential risks to health. The ANMF (Vic Branch), in partnership with La Trobe University, is pleased to be delivering an important workshop. This four day workshop will educate and train you in how to undertake a comprehensive health assessment with an older person.
Nurses working in across acute, sub-acute hospitals (public, private, not‑for‑profit), residential aged care (public, private, not-for-profit), the community, GP practices and Emergency departments are invited to attend this workshop to update their knowledge and skills in assessing their older patients/clients.
Attending the workshop you will:
- update your knowledge and clinical assessment skills with comprehensive health assessment
- education and training
- have fun with the La Trobe team and their geridolls
- increase your confidence and job satisfaction
- add to your hours of continuing professional education.
This workshop provides content and skills development in the areas of:
- clinical reasoning and general assessment skills
- communication of assessment – professional considerations
- psychosocial assessment
- nutrition, metabolism and elimination assessment
- cardiovascular system assessment
- respiratory assessment
- musculoskeletal assessment
- cognition and perception assessment.
Member $760, Non-member $1045
| Tue, 17 Apr 2018
Start Date: 17/04/2018 09:30:00 am
End Date: 31/05/2018 16:30:00 pm
Venue: ANMF Melbourne Presenter: LaTrobe University
Login to register
To register for this seminar, first login using the buttons below. If you are not an ANMF member and have not logged in before, create a non-member registration by clicking the non member login button.
Non Member Login