Venepuncture, conducting a 12 lead ECG & contemporary pathology collection
This new workshop delivers a comprehensive one-day program relating to venepuncture techniques and conducting a 12-lead electrocardiogram. A wide range of practical training aids for blood collection is provided, and the program allows participants to undertake practice of the relevant techniques under guided supervision in a simulated clinical environment. It is a must for nurses who are required to perform phlebotomy and undertake 12-lead ECG recording as part of their role.
- Anatomy and physiology of the vascular system
- Identifying and selecting appropriate venepuncture sites
- Indications for venepuncture
- Preparation for venepuncture- patient, environment and equipment
- Associated risks, potential complications and their management
- Venepuncture procedure
- Skill stations and supervised practice
- ECG monitoring- site selection and electrode placement
- Preparation for ECG- patient, environment and equipment
- Skill stations and supervised practice.
Member $190, Non-member $240, Job Rep or SIG member $180
| Fri, 20 Apr 2018
Start Date: 20/04/2018 09:30:00 am
End Date: 20/04/2018 16:30:00 pm
Venue: ANMF Melbourne Presenter: Kate Potter
Login to register
To register for this seminar, first login using the buttons below. If you are not an ANMF member and have not logged in before, create a non-member registration by clicking the non member login button.
Non Member Login