This new workshop delivers a comprehensive one-day program relating to venepuncture techniques. A wide range of practical training aids for blood collection is provided, and the program allows participants to undertake practice of the relevant techniques under guided supervision in a simulated clinical environment. It is a must for nurses who are required to perform phlebotomy as part of their role.
- Anatomy and physiology of the vascular system
- Identifying and selecting appropriate venepuncture sites
- Indications for venepuncture
- Preparation for venepuncture- patient, environment and equipment
- Associated risks, potential complications and their management
- Venepuncture procedure
- Skill stations and supervised practice
- Skill stations and supervised practice.
Member $200, Non-member $280, Job Rep $190, Friday 25 October 2019, 9.30am-4.30pm
| Fri, 25 Oct 2019
Start Date: 25/10/2019 09:30:00 am
End Date: 25/10/2019 16:30:00 pm
Venue: ANMF Melbourne Presenter: Kate Potter
Login to register
To register for this seminar, first login using the buttons below. If you are not an ANMF member and have not logged in before, create a non-member registration by clicking the non member login button.
Non Member Login