Managing difficult conversations
Many issues in the workplace could be resolved early with a constructive conversation. However difficult conversations are often avoided because they can arouse defensive emotions, and we feel fearful of the outcome. If not managed things can fester and escalate. This one-day workshop will help participants understand what sits behind a difficult conversation and give you the skills and confidence to help you effectively approach the conversation.
Learning Outcomes include:
• Understand the neuroscience of difficult conversations
• Increased awareness of what makes a conversation “difficult”
• Understand how we all have a different map of the world and how this impacts our perceptions of a “difficult “conversation
• Understand how our internal dialogue and personal stories can contribute to a negative outcome
• How to start a difficult conversation and prevent a defensive reaction in others
• Recognise when someone is in amygdala hijack (fight fright freeze appease) and restore safety
• Approach the difficult conversation with more confidence
This course is suitable for registered nurses, enrolled nurses and midwives.
Please note: This course is currently scheduled to be delivered face to face at ANMF Victorian Branch, 535 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne. Face to face delivery is subject to change dependent on the COVID-safe conditions and restrictions in place on the course delivery date.
Member $200, Non-member $280, Job Rep $190
| Tue, 13 Dec 2022
Start Date: 13/12/2022 09:30:00 am
End Date: 13/12/2022 16:30:00 pm
Venue: ANMF Melbourne Presenter: Mary Rankin
Login to register
To register for this seminar, first login using the buttons below. If you are not an ANMF member and have not logged in before, create a non-member registration by clicking the non member login button.
Non Member Login